Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Did you know the roasts sitting in your freezer can become scrumptious barbacoa tacos with a little help from a slow-cooker?
- One 3.5 Pound Chuck Roast
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste (about one teaspoon)
- Black pepper to taste (about one teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Corn Tortillas
- Recommended toppings: Red onion, Cilantro, Sliced jalapenos, Salsa Verde, Diced Tomato
- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 hours
- Cut the roast into 6-8 pieces and remove any large pieces of fat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and sear the beef pieces until browned on all sides. Transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Dice the onion and squeeze the lime, getting as much juice as possible. Blend lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin, oregano, cloves, and ½ of the onion in a food processor.
- Add the blended mixture and beef broth to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the beef easily shreds.
- Serve over corn tortillas with choice of toppings.