Paleo Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed bell peppers are a great, easy dinner idea for any night of the week. Not only is the recipe tasty, paleo and Whole30 approved, but it serves 6-8 so it is perfect for a large group or meal prep!
Recipe and photo by Bonafide Provisions
- 6-8 organic bell peppers, red or green
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 14 oz. can organic roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz. organic tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Celtic sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, cooked and browned in a pan
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill large stainless steel pot on the stove, fill with water, and let it come to a boil.
- Wash bell peppers, then cut tops off, set aside, and deseed the inside of the bell pepper.
- Once peppers are cleaned and water in the pot has come to a boil, submerge bell peppers into the water and let parboil in the pot for approximately 3 min or until they are slightly softer. Remove from water and place them standing up in a glass baking dish.
- Heat stainless steel pan on medium heat, add in ground pork and ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add organic tomato paste and beef bone broth to a bowl, and whisk until fully combined (it should look like the consistency of tomato sauce)
- Once the meat is browned, add in chopped onions and cook for 2-3 min, then add in garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add in roasted tomatoes, tomato paste and bone broth mixtures, and all spices. Stir until well combined. (You do not want your mixture to be runny if it is runny then cook for an additional 2-3 min to thicken it up).
- Remove mixture from heat and add it cauliflower rice and stir until mixture is well combined.
- Spoon meat and cauliflower rice mixture into the bell peppers until they are full, then place the top of bell pepper back on the top (optional).
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 min (cooking times may vary).
- Remove, let cool and serve!