Jacob's Lemon & Herb Roasted Chicken
A no-fail recipe for whole chicken.
Servings : 4-6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 1h25m
- 1 whole pasture-raised chicken
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- A handful of fresh herbs, like thyme, oregano, and/or rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan or glass casserole dish, roughly chop root vegetables into chunks and distribute around the dish. I like to use onions, carrots, and potatoes. They’ll act as a bed for the chicken.
- To prepare the chicken, rub butter under the skin, and rub the outside of the skin with olive oil. Salt and pepper the skin generously.
- Cut a lemon in half, and place both halves – plus whatever herbs you’re using, I recommend thyme – inside the cavity.
- Bake for up to 1 hour 15 minutes, checking at the 1-hour mark.
Shop related cuts
2.5 lbs from Pasturebird (Murrieta, CA)