- First, make the rub by combining all rub ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing well. Rub onto pork butt roast thoroughly. Rub added, refrigerate the roast for a few hours.
- When ready to cook, place pork in a roasting pan and preheat oven to 500 F.
- Roast 40 min or until very dark brown on the outside. Lower temperature to 325F, pour beer over roast and distribute minced garlic around the pork. Cover tightly with foil, poking a few small holes.
- Cook 2.5-3 more hours at 325F until tender.
- Transfer meat to a plate and reserve any excess juices – these will make your sauce!
- Add juices to a bowl and then add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until reduced to desired thickness (~15 min).
- Meanwhile, pull apart pork with a fork, adding sauce when it’s thickened.