Lean and delicious, these meatballs are made from ground chicken and pack savory punch over pasta or on their own.
|Servings: 4||Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes|
If you like Chicken Sausage, you'll love the convenience and savings of our Farmers Market Subscription!
- 1 lb ground chicken (or 2 lbs for a party-size batch; double other ingredients accordingly if so)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina or parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- In medium bowl, place ground chicken, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, oregano, egg, and salt. Mix and knead until smooth.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Heat oil in pan and add meatballs (may need to do in two batches) until browned on all sides, approx 6 minutes per meatball.
- Turn heat to med-low and add marinara sauce, simmer additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.