Grilled Sirloin Flap Steak
Prepare the perfect sirloin flap steak (don't mind the name!) with a savory-sweet marinade and a quick grill.
- 4 pounds sirloin flap steak
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bay leaf, if desired (do it!)
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 45 minutes
- Mix maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, bay leaf, and salt and pepper, pour into a large Ziploc bag (you can also just do this in a shallow dish). Place steaks in bag or dish to marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 6 hours.
- Heat grill to high. While heating, remove steaks from marinade, discard liquid, and pat steaks dry with paper towel.
- Grill 3-4 minutes each side (for up to 8 minutes total per steak – that’ll get you to medium-rare. Leave on longer if you like steaks more cooked.)
- Remove from grill and let rest 5-7 minutes before serving.