How to Cook Cold Cracked Lobster
One of the best things about the Cold Cracked product is that it allows you to impart a little flavor into the meat during the cooking process while cooking the meat gently and to perfection. In this recipe, we are using the classic New England seafood flavors – lemon, peppercorn, thyme and dill – but the combinations are endless. Add lemongrass, ginger and fish sauce for a Thai inflected flavor profile. Smoked chilies and cumin would give the lobster meat a southwest vibe.
- 1 8 oz package of Cold Cracked Lobster– thawed and drained
- 1 qt water
- Peel of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sprig of thyme (optional)
- Sprig of dill (optional)
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorn – toasted in a dry pan until fragrant
- 2 tbsp salt
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 2 minutes
- Put the drained lobster meat in a non-reactive and heat resistant container that holds at least 2 quarts in volume.
- In a separate pot, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, turn off heat and pour the boiling liquid over the cold cracked lobster.
- Set a timer for two minutes and remove cooked meat from warm liquid with a slotted spoon.
- Set to dry on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- If serving cold, chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. We recommend our classic New England Style Lobster Roll (https://www.crowdcow.com/recipe/new-england-style-lobster-roll) or a chilled White Bean Salad with Lobster.
- If serving warm, add to recipe immediately. We recommend a Connecticut Style Lobster Roll (https://www.crowdcow.com/recipe/connecticut-style-lobster-roll) or a Lobster Bisque (https://crowdcow.com/recipe/lobster-bisque).