How to Eat Dungeness Crab
Dungeness Crab arrives as pre-cooked individual legs. Each leg has score marks, making the prep process as simple as snap and eat! No crab crackers needed!
- 2lbs Dungeness Crab
- Find score on thin end of leg. Push on the opposite side of score to snap. Remove piece, and set aside to use as tool to remove meat if desired.
- Take translucent piece around the shoulder. Peel away avoiding losing as much meat as possible.
- Snap score just below shoulder piece to remove knuckle. Remove meat from shell.
- Repeat on opposite end, leaving middle flat piece of leg intact.
- Snap off bottom knuckle. You will notice a tendon at the top of this piece. Remove meat and set aside.
- Take final piece and snap by pushing on opposite side of score. Slide shells off. (This is the best piece of meat!)
- Collect all de-shelled crab and enjoy!