Cornbread Stuffing with Italian Sausage
This cornbread stuffing is a delicious casserole-like dish that's perfect for a savory breakfast or as a side to your favorite meal!
Recipe by Crowd Cow Ambassador Maggie H. (@theketogenicmermaid)
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2T sweetener (can use Lakanto Golden or another sugar alternative)
- 2T cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt/cracked pepper
Italian Sausage Stuffing
- 12 oz Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Salt/Cracked Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a casserole dish.
- Mix almond flour, sweetener, heavy whipping cream, cheeses, sour cream, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Once incorporated, taste for sweetness.
- Add in your eggs and mix well. Set aside.
- In a cast-iron, brown Italian Sausage, then add in your veggies and salt/cracked pepper. Cook until vegetables have softened.
- In casserole dish, pour your meat mixture in with your chicken broth & egg. Mix together, coating everything.
- Pour your cornbread mixture over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes.