Kampachi en Papillote
Kampachi en Papillote (Kampachi in Paper Pockets) is an amazing recipe to enhance the light and tender flavor of this fish. When ingredients are sealed in parchment paper, it creates an aromatic heat allowing the fish to absorb the juice of other ingredients. This Kampachi cooking method is qucik, simple and sure to impress all of your guests!
Recipe and photo by @eatwithnorma
- 2 Kampachi Fillets
- 2 medium Yukon potatoes thinly sliced
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets of parchment paper 18in x 18in
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fold the parchment paper in half. On the right side of the paper place 2 rows of the thin sliced potatoes. To the left of the potatoes place of the asparagus. Lightly salt the veggies.
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the fish and place on top of the potatoes.
- Place 1 tbsp of dill followed by two slices of lemon and 1 tbsp of butter on top of the fish.
- Fold over the parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in ¼ inch folds to create a half moon shape. Make sure you press as you crimp and fold the seal the packets well, otherwise the steam will escape.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove from the oven. Use scissors to cut the top of the package open. Be very careful to not burn your hands with the escaping steam.
- Place 3 to 4 fresh tomatoes and a pinch of fresh dill on top and serve.