Miso Glazed Kampachi Collars
Prepare this restraunt grade meal in the comfort of your own home. Coat Kampachi collars with a miso glaze to enjoy this flavorful piece of the fish!
- 2-3 Kampachi Collars (12 Ounce Pack)
- 1/8 cup sake
- 1/8 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Dash of soy sauce
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Thaw kampachi collars overnight in the fridge. Once thawed, remove the collars from the packaging, pat dry and set on a plate.
- Bring mirin and sake to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Boil for 20-30 seconds until alcohol is evaporated.
- Turn heat to low, add miso paste and whisk, dissolving the miso.
- Once miso is dissolved, add sugar and whisk, do not allow sugar to burn the pan.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat, pour in a bowl and let cool down to room temperature.
- Cut slits approximately every inch on the collar, which allows the glaze to seep into the skin and collar meat.
- Season the collars with miso glaze, making sure the glaze covers entire surface of collars and enters the slits you have cut.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place collars on oven safe baking sheet while the oven heats up.
- In a 400 degree oven, roast collars for 15-20 minutes, take out and rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!