Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Ground Wagyu with every subscription order over $149! Claim this offer
Reverse Sear A5 Wagyu Ribeye Steak
We had the opportunity to ask @Darth_Traeger how he would tackle serving up an A5 Wagyu Ribeye Steak. Read below for directions on how to recreate what he called “Amazing” and “SOOOOOOO GOOD!”
Recipe and photo by @Darth_Traeger
- 1 A5 Wagyu Ribeye Steak
- Smoked Salt, to taste
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic
- Chili flakes, optional
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 45 minutes
- Set your Traeger or smoker to 165°F Super Smoke and your Pro Series or grill to the high setting. (note: we are using two separate grills)
- While they preheat, season the Kagoshima A5 Wagyu Ribeye with smoked salt and fresh chopped garlic. Feel free to add some chili flakes for some extra punch.
- Insert a meat probe into the steak, and place it on the smoker until it reaches an internal temperature of 110°F. This will take about 30-45 min depending on the thickness of the steak.
- Transfer the steak from the smoker to the cast iron grates on your Pro Series or grill.
- To reverse sear the steak, place the ribeye on the grates, allowing them to cook for 2 min on each side.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice into thin strips and drizzle more smoked salt all over.
- EAT! Say things like, “OMG, SO GOOD.”
Shop related cuts