How to BBQ St. Louis Spare Ribs
When it comes to ribs, St. Louis Spare Ribs are a perfect choice for smoking. With the right amount of meat on these, the 3-2-1 cooking method is the best way to getting perfect spare ribs.
- St. Louis Spareribs
- Yellow Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 6 hours
- Rub ribs with mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Trim excess fat and remove membrane.
- Smoke using the 3-2-1 method at 225-250°F.
- Smoke for 3 hours.
- Wrap in foil or butcher paper and smoke for 2 hours. Add BBQ sauce, beef stock or beer for added flavor and juiciness for last hour.
- Smoke unwrapped for 1 hour.
- Cook until ribs reach an internal temperature of 190°F or until ribs bend in a u-shape when picked up in the middle.
- Remove, let cool and dig in!