Crispy Breaded Chicken Wings with Chive-Yogurt Dip
Baked until crispy, these spicy chicken wings are the perfect snack paired with chive-yogurt dip.
Servings : 10 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 lbs chicken wings (two 2-lb packs)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup hot sauce (Tolula is a good one)
- 1 stick of European-style butter (regular is fine; but European-style will give you a creamier sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper, to taste
Adapted from Yellow Bliss Road’s recipe, we toyed with the spices and sauce, and added a ranch-chive dip to balance the spicy with cool. Perfect for game day!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, and flour in a large bowl, and toss in chicken to coat.
- Prep a baking tray with tinfoil and margarine or cooking spray.
- Put wings on cookie sheet, spaced evenly.
- Bake 30-33 minutes. (Flip wings halfway through.)
- Next, the sauce. Add 1/3 cup hot sauce to a small saucepan and a stick of butter. Heat through until bubbling slightly. Continue toying with hot sauce and butter amounts until you get the spice level you seek!
- Once wings are out of the oven, transfer to a large bowl, pour over sauce, and toss to coat.
- To make cilantro-chive yogurt dip, combine remaining ingredients and refrigerate 20 minutes before serving.