Dawn Riviere's Roasted Pork Shoulder
A simple shoulder full of flavor from Dawn Riviere of Wilderness Farms!
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 3h 30 minutes
- 3-5 lbs bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced (Mayan or Walla Walla work great)
- 3 medium gold potatoes, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 tbsp oil ( avocado, olive, or your preferred)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Using a coated cast iron dutch oven, heat the oil to medium-high on the stovetop. Sear each side of the pork shoulder.
Remove the dutch oven from stovetop and add 1 cup water. Pour liquid smoke over the shoulder, 1 tbsp at a time to ensure coverage. Season with salt and spices. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery around the shoulder.
Cover, place in oven, and cook for 2.5 to 3 hours until the inner temperature is at least 165F.
Slice and serve with roasted veggies or shred for pulled pork sandwiches with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Shop related cuts
Bone-in Pork Shoulder Roast
from Autumn's Harvest Farm (Romulus, NY)