Pork Osso Bucco
Rich and hearty, pork osso bucco is delicious served over pasta.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 2h30 minutes
- 4 cuts pork osso bucco
- large drizzle olive oil (approx 2 T)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 10 T (approx 1.5 sticks) butter
- 2 C dry red wine
- 12 ounces pasta of choice
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Drizzle osso bucco cuts with a little bit of olive oil and salt well. Add shanks to a deep roasting pan and add the carrots, celery, onions, chicken stock, and red wine. Cover and bake 2 hours in oven.
- When cooked through – should be tender – remove from oven and drain liquid from pan through a strainer and into a saucepan. This is the base of your sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot bring salted water to a boil and make pasta.
- To stock in the saucepan, add 2 more cups chicken stock (vegetable also works) and set to a slow simmer, adding salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, stir in butter and allow to melt completely, and serve over pasta.
Shop related cuts
from Marble Creek (Sylacauga, AL)