Pork Osso Bucco
Rich and hearty, pork osso bucco is delicious served over pasta.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 2h30 minutes
- 4 cuts pork osso bucco
- large drizzle olive oil (approx 2 Tbsp)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/3 C chopped carrots
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 1/3 C chopped celery
- 4 C chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 10 Tbsp (approx 1.5 sticks) butter
- 2 C dry red wine
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Drizzle osso bucco cuts with a little bit of olive oil and salt well. Add shanks to a deep roasting pan and add the carrots, celery, onions, chicken stock, and red wine. Cover and bake 2 hours in oven.
- When cooked through – should be tender – remove from oven and drain liquid from pan through a strainer and into a saucepan. This is the base of your sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot bring salted water to a boil and make pasta.
- To stock in the saucepan, add 2 more cups chicken stock (vegetable also works) and set to a slow simmer, adding salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, stir in butter and allow to melt completely, and serve over pasta.