Grilled Sirloin Flap Steak
Prepare the perfect sirloin flap steak (don't mind the name!) with a savory-sweet marinade and a quick grill.
Servings : 3-4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 50 min
- 4 pounds sirloin flap steak
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bay leaf, if desired (do it!)
- Mix maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, bay leaf, and salt and pepper, pour into a large Ziploc bag (you can also just do this in a shallow dish). Place steaks in bag or dish to marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 6 hours.
- Heat grill to high. While heating, remove steaks from marinade, discard liquid, and pat steaks dry with paper towel.
- Grill 3-4 minutes each side (for up to 8 minutes total per steak – that’ll get you to medium-rare. Leave on longer if you like steaks more cooked.)
- Remove from grill and let rest 5-7 minutes before serving.
Shop related cuts
Bavette Steak Pair
from Wolfe Brothers Farms (Wellsboro, PA)
from Lil Ponderosa (Carlisle, PA)
Wagyu Bavette Steak
from Yamamoto Ranch (Palestine, TX)
from Bedient Farms (Potter, NY)