Sausage Breakfast Bake
Easy, delicious, wholesome breakfast bake - what more could you want?
Serves: 8-10 Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 1h30
- 1 T olive oil (for greasing pan)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 pound sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- One loaf artisan country bread, cut int small cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh chives
- Salt/pepper to taste
- With olive oil, grease 4-quart baking dish.
- In large pan, heat oil over medium. Once shimmering, add sausage, onion and bell pepper. Cook 7 minutes until sausage is slightly crumbly.
- Add chunks of bread to greased baking dish. Stir in sausage mixture and cheese, reserving some for top. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chives and any spices including salt and pepper. Pour over top and then add reserved cheese to top. Let this all sit for 20 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Preheat to 350F. Bake 50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Add chives and more cheese to top to serve.