Juicy and full of meaty, subtly sweet crab chunks and fresh ingredients, this dish makes for a delicious seafood appetizer or entrée.
- 1/2 lb of Alaskan King Crab
- 1.5 Tbsp of mayo
- 1.5 Tbsp of grainy mustard (a Chipotle Mustard is a great choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1/4 of a green pepper, diced
- 1/4 of a red pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 pork panko “bread” crumbs. Any bread crumbs will work.
- Duck fat cooking spray or oil
- Combine all ingredients, except crab & bread crumbs, in a bowl and mix well.
- Once mixed, add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Fold in crab to the mixture. Try to keep the pieces as big as possible.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for up to an hour. It’s easiest to form the cakes with a cold mixture.
- Once chilled, form cakes.
- Add duck fat or oil to pan or cast-iron skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, flipping once. **For an added element of flavor, cook on griddle side of grill grates over charcoal.