Perfect Pork Loin Roast
No-fail. Sheer deliciousness. It's all about getting the right temperatures and a bit of spice.
Serves: 6-8 Prep time: 15 min Total time: 3h
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder 1/4 t salt 3-5lb. pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together pepper, garlic powder and salt. Rub all over roast, distributing evenly.
- Put the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast 25 minutes/pound, or until internal temp reaches 145F.
- Let rest 30 minutes.
- Finally, heat oven to 500F and roast 5-8 minutes (to get a nice crust). Remove, carve and serve immediately.