Soy-Glazed Kalbi Ribs
Marinated for hours in a soy sauce-based marinade, these ribs come out juicy and delicious.
Servings : 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: About 30 minutes
- About 4.5 pounds of kalbi ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 2-4 hours.
Turn grill on medium-to-high heat. Allow the ribs to cook until they develop a dark char, about 3-4 minutes. Once the meat begins to sweat, flip and cook other side for another 3-4 minutes.