Southwest Stuffed Chicken Breasts
For an easy weeknight meal, try this Southwest-inspired recipe featuring tender, juicy chicken breast stuffed with a zesty Tex-Mex cheese filling.
- Chicken Breast (4 to 6)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz chorizo
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/4 C Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 C black beans
- 1/4 C roasted corn
- 1 lime
- Salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika (optional)
- In a skillet, chorizo and onion together until cooked through.
- Add chorizo mixture to bowl and combine with cream cheese.
- Add in beans, corn, half of your cilantro, shredded cheese and mix. Cover and set aside in fridge.
- Season chicken breasts with spices, and slice almost through horizontally to make a pocket for the stuffing.
- Once stuffing has chilled, add to the chicken.
- Heat skillet with a smoke-point cooking oil, then sear both sides of chicken.
- After searing, finish cooking in the oven at 400 degrees, until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165.
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lime and cilantro to top it off.