- Place beef tongue, garlic, onion or shallots, and bay leaf in the slow cooker. Sprinkle salt and pepper over, to taste. Add enough water to the slow cooker to cover the beef mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or overnight. Beef will be very tender.
- Drain and cool the beef tongue (you can totally save the other ingredients for stock, and the water as well, if you’re so inclined).
- When cool enough to touch, you’re going to want to peel the rough skin off the beef tongue, and cut away the tough end.
- Next, just chop, chop, chop into little pieces roughly 1/2-3/4 inches in diameter.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet with the butter or oil of your choice on medium-high heat. Cook the beef a few minutes, or until browned evenly. It’ll be crispy on the outside, and buttery-soft on the inside.
- Assemble into delicious tacos!