Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage
One of the simplest dishes to prepare with minimum input for maximum output. Set and forget our incredible corned beef and cook on the stovetop, slow cooker or oven (our favorite!) for a few hours while your kitchen fills up with a delicious aroma that'll keep you counting the seconds till dinnertime.
- 1/2 cup water, seasoned with:
- 1/8 cup parsley flakes
- 1/8 cup onion flakes
- 2 Tablespoons peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6-8 yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Place corned beef in an oven-proof casserole or roasting pan, adding 1/2 water seasoned with parsley, onion flakes, peppercorns and bay leaf. Cover with foil or tight-fitting lid.
- Braise in oven for 3.5-4 hours. Remove corned beef and place on an oven-proof serving platter.
- Add prepared vegetables to meat broth, cover and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, glaze the top of corned beef with a mixture of 1 cup brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons mustard. 6. Return meat to oven until veggies are done and meat registers at a minimum internal temperature of 145° F.
- Place meat on cutting board and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes before carving.
- Arrange cooked veggies around platter of carved glazed corned beef, serve immediately with creamed horseradish, if desired!