New York Strip Steak with Pan-Fried Garlic Asparagus
Enjoy a classic steak night dinner with a perfectly cooked and juicy New York Strip paired with fresh and crispy asparagus.
Photo and recipe by Steak Holder Avi G.
- New York Strip Steak
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped into large pieces
- Asparagus, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- Avocado oil
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in stainless steel pan over medium high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Sear all sides of steak, about 60 seconds per side and 10 seconds per edge.
- Remove pan from heat and cook in oven at 275°F until internal temperature reaches 125°F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove steak from oven and put back on stovetop over medium heat.
- Add butter and garlic to pan, and spoon mixture over steak for 1-2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Let rest for 10 min.
- While steak in resting, prepare asparagus. Add avocado oil to a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add asparagus and garlic to pan. Pan-fry for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with pepper in last minute of cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!