Enjoy the soul-soothing richness of incredibly tender beef drenched in a creamy mushroom sauce, ladled over a heaping bowl of egg noodles.
- 1 ½ pounds Beef Tips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 cups of cooked egg noodles
- Season Beef Tips with salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat, then add meat and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove and set beef aside.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, stirring and scraping any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add beef broth and cook to reduce the liquid by about 1/3, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, then add the Worcestershire and Dijon, stirring until incorporated, and sauce thickens. Add in beef and simmer over low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot over noodles.