Chicken and Coconut Lime Caulirice Bowl
Substitute your favorite protein in this paleo approved dish — perfect for packed lunches or a flavorful dinner any night of the week.
Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl by Ambassador Jillian G (@aplatefullofgreens)
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into small florets.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, ghee, or avocado oil.
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped finely.
- Herbamare seasoning to taste, start with 1/4 tsp.
- 1/3 C Coconut cream (the cream that settles at the top of canned coconut when refrigerated overnight).
- 1 Tbs Coconut nectar (sub: date syrup or honey)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cardamom
- Squeeze of half a lime
- Chives, cilantro, and avo for topping
- Yogurt (optional)
- Chicken, grilled
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower several times until it resembles rice (you can also buy “pre-riced” cauliflower for simplicity)
- In a separate small bowl, combine the coconut cream, coconut nectar, sea salt, cardamom, pinch sea salt and lime.
- In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, sauté the onion in your oil or ghee until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and herbmare and sauté until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut cream concoction.
- Adjust seasoning and more lime, sea salt, or herbamare to taste.
- Top with green onion/chives, cilantro, avocado, yogurt, and grilled chicken.