Jumpstart your day with high-protein breakfast tacos — flavored with warm spices from Chorizo and a zesty salsa verde.
Photo by @sapp_bbq
- Pork Chorizo or Breakfast Sausage
- 4 eggs
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Salsa verde
- Shredded cheese
- Whisk eggs in medium-size bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry chorizo sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with a spatula or wooden spoon as it’s cooking (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg mixture to skillet with chorizo and stir until softly set, about 1 minute. The eggs will continue to cook after you remove them from heat.
- Heat tortillas over a gas flame or nonstick skillet until crisp. Set aside.
- Prepare tacos — add egg/chorizo mixture to tortillas and top with cheese, salsa verde, sour cream or other toppings of your choice.