Five Spice Lingcod Tacos with Apple Asian Slaw
This fish taco recipe works well with any white fish and is bursting with fragrant flavors and a delicious combination of textures. Served with sriracha crema drizzling, this will be your new go-to recipe for taco Tuesday!
For the Fish
1 to 1 ½ pounds Lingcod, Pacific Cod, or Halibut
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Five Spice Powder
Salt and pepper
For the Slaw
1 large apple, julienned or grated
2-3 cups shredded cabbage
1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
½ cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Crema
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of one large lime
1-2 teaspoons Sriracha or to taste
Green onion for garnish
- To roast the fish, pre-heat the oven to 350F. Be sure to bring your fish out of the refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to cooking. This will increase the temperature of the fish so it cooks more evenly in the oven.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Then season the fish with salt and pepper. Rub the five spice powder on the fish. Place it in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes. Typically, you should cook fish 8-10 minutes for each inch of thickness.
- Prepare the slaw while the fish is cooking. Place the apples, cabbage, cilantro and sliced green onions in a large bowl. Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Toss the dressing with the cabbage and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey and Sriracha.
- When the fish is done, let it cool for about five minutes. Flake the fish for the tacos and assemble. I like to add the fish at the bottom, drizzle with some crema and then top with the apple Asian Slaw. Garnish with sliced green onions and eat!