How to Smoke A5 Prime Rib
The melt-in-your-mouth marbling paired with a crispy outer bark makes this a little slice of heaven on your plate. Juicy, full of flavor and supremely tender, guests will be talking about this roast for years to come.
If you like A5 Wagyu Center Cut Ribeye, you'll love the convenience and savings of our Japanese Wagyu Share!
- A5 Prime Rib
- Hardwood charcoal (oak, hickory, sugar maple, etc.)
- Dijon mustard or mayonnaise (if making a spiced crust)
- Salt and pepper
- 25 garlic cloves (approximately 3 heads)
- Heavily season exterior with salt and pepper prior to cooking. Seasoning it overnight is preferable, but at minimum, 60 minutes prior to cook start.
- For a spiced crust, use a Dijon mustard or mayonnaise to help herbs affix to roast and form crust.
- Stud top of roast with garlic cloves.
- Grill at 250 to 300°F, keeping the heat below 300.
- Smoke for 3.5 hours until it hits an internal temperature of 140°F for medium, 135°F for medium-rare.
- Allow it to rest 3 minutes per pound. Do not cover with foil. Leave uncovered to retain superior crust.