Coffee-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Steak
Elevate your beef tenderloin with a coffee spice rub for a dinner that is simple but guaranteed to impress!
- Truly Simple Beef Tenderloin Steaks
- 2 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 2 tbsp ground coffee
- 5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp chile de arbol powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Steak seasoning (your favorite)
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Coat tenderloin steaks on both sides with oil and your favorite rub or seasoning.
- Brown steaks on both sides in skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 15 minutes. Steaks will be medium rare when a meat thermometer placed in the center of the steak reads 145°F.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp ancho chile powder, 2 tbsp ground coffee, 5 tsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 ½ tsp dried oregano, 1 ½ tsp pepper, 1 ½ tsp ground coriander, 1 ½ tsp mustard powder, 1 tsp chile de arbol powder, 1 tsp ginger and 1 tbsp kosher salt.
- Coat steaks with 5 tsp of the spice rub per steak.