Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Coho Salmon Over Herbed Spaetzle
Pan sear your Coho Salmon, coat with pesto and serve on top of homemade spaetzle (German noodles) for an amazingly flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth meal.
- 2 Portions Salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, separated white from green
- 1 shallot, diced fine
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp roasted red pepper, diced
- Olive oil
- Basil pesto, fresh or store bought
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 30 minutes
- First, to make spaetzle batter, combine flour, eggs, water, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of black pepper and 1 tsp of herbes de provence into a lump free batter.
- Start a generous amount of well-salted water boiling in a pot large enough to support a colander above the water.
- In batches, pour the batter into the colander and press through the holes into the water with a spatula.
- When the pasta floats, it's done, set aside and toss with oil to prevent sticking.
- Prepare a griddle or cast iron pan over medium heat. Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Oil pan and place salmon on skin side down. Cook until opaque around edges then carefully flip.
- Continue cooking until it reaches 145°F internal. Remove salmon from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Wipe pan, add oil to coat bottom.
- Add shallots, green onion whites and peppers, cook for a few minutes until the shallot is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook thirty seconds to a minute more. Add pasta and toss until browned, remove from heat.
- Add parmesan and remaining green onion toss then place in serving dishes.
- Heat pesto quickly in still-hot pan.
- Top pasta with salmon, garnish with pesto and parmesan and enjoy!