Nothing beats a little salt, pepper and smoky charcoal flavor when cooking a marbled ribeye steak.
- 1 1 lb ribsteak (or 32oz Ribeye)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Charcoal (we recommend royal oak, large natural wood lumps)
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Pat the rib steak dry, and allow it to air dry.
- Place charcoal in a grill, and heat until it turns white hot. Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Sear directly on the hot coals for 30-45 seconds on each side, or until deeply caramelized and slightly charred.
- Transfer the steak to a cooler part of the grill and finish cooking until it reaches medium-rare. Turn frequently to ensure gentle, even cooking. Allow the meat to rest for 3-4 minutes, then sprinkle with salt.
Shop related cuts