Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Picture-Perfect Roast Beef
Adding garlic during the roasting process infuses beef with a subtle, earthy flavor everyone will love.
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef roast (Rump, round or sirloin tip)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Heat your oven to 375°F. Pat your beef roast dry and make 15 small cuts (about 1/2 inch deep) around the meat. Insert a garlic slice into each incision.
- Rub the roast with olive oil, then evenly sprinkle the salt, pepper and herbs over the entire surface. Place the roast on a rack, and place the rack in a roasting pan. Pour the water and broth into the pan, making sure the water does not touch the roast.
- Place the pan in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the thickest part of the roast reaches 125°F. Reduce the heat to 250°F and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the meat reaches 135°F.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. At this point, you can choose to remove the garlic cloves if you want. Thinly slice the roast against the grain and serve.
Shop related cuts