Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
This recipe is citrus twist on a traditional Thai dish with a delicious flavor combination of sweet, savory and spicy. Serve in a hollowed pineapple for a picture perfect presentation!
Recipe and photo by @chadwicks_kitchen
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail on)
- 1 pineapple (split in half, middle removed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Green onion (sliced on the bias) for garnish
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lime
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- To make stir fry sauce combine teriyaki sauce, low sodium soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, grapeseed oil, a pinch of red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for later.
- Preheat your wok to medium-high heat. Add a splash of high smoke point oil. Scramble your eggs. Remove.
- Add more oil. Add onions. Stir fry your onions for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and carrots. Season with an Asian bbq seasoning for added flavor. Stir fry 3 more minutes.
- Add shrimp. Toss everything until shrimp is cooked almost through. 3 minutes.
- Add rice and pineapple center you removed chopped up. Stir fry for 2 minutes until rice is incorporated together.
- Add egg back. Drizzle the stir fry sauce. Toss everything together for 2 minutes.
- Evenly distribute your mixture in your cored out pineapple. Garnish with green onion. Add sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!