Super Colossal Tequila Lime Shrimp
This is a bold and tangy explosion of flavors that can be prepared in just one pan! Tequila lime shrimp is the perfect appetizer or meal to enjoy all summer!
- 1 pound U-12 Super Colossal Shrimp
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- Salt & Pepper
- Green Onion
- ½ cup of butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 lime
- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 5 minutes
- To prep, set butter out for 10-15 minutes to soften. After, sprinkle shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper evenly and set aside.
- To make chipotle butter, start by placing 1/2 cup of butter in a medium bowl. Then dice 2-3 cloves of garlic and add to bowl.
- Take 1 large chipotle pepper out of can, mince and add to bowl.
- Add juice of 1/2 lime, two tbsp of minced cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To make tequila lime shrimp, start by cutting two Jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and inner membrane, then dice. Leave seeds in if you want your dish to be extra spicy. Set aside.
- Dice 1 Roma tomato and green onion, set aside.
- Add oil to cast iron pan, let heat up.
- Add shrimp, jalapeno, and green onion to pan. Mix ingredients for 1 minute, letting the shrimp gain its pink color.
- Lift pan off heat, add quarter cup of tequila to pan. Ignite tequila with flame for Flambe. Continue mixing for 30-40 seconds.
- Clear space in the middle of the pan and add a heaping tablespoon of the chipotle butter you prepared earlier.
- As the butter melts, add diced Roma tomatoes. Mix together for additional 30 seconds.
- Now shrimp is done and ready to serve!