Zesty Denver Steak with Grilled Tomatoes
Marinate Denver steaks in orange zest to bring out maximum flavor. Serve with grilled tomatoes and a bright green salad.
- 2 Denver steaks
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced leaves and stem
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inches thick slices
- 1 cup spring mix or microgreens
- Prep time
- 2 hours
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Combine orange zest, orange juice, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and thyme in a medium bowl or large freezer bag. Reserve 3 tbsp of the orange marinade for the salad.
- Add Denver steaks to orange marinade and allow steaks to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge (preferably overnight).
- Remove steaks from the fridge 30-45 minutes before grilling. Remove steaks from marinade and discard remaining mixture. Season the steaks and tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to 400°F. Grill tomatoes until each side has charred grill marks, about 5-6 minutes. For the steaks, grill each side at least 4 minutes for medium-rare or until the internal temperature measures 130°F. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
- Toss salad mix with reserved marinade. Add grilled tomato slices and enjoy alongside the zangy grilled Denver steak.