Get 2lbs of FREE Mishima Reserve Wagyu! Claim this offer
Zesty Denver Steak with Grilled Tomatoes
Marinate Denver steaks in orange zest to bring out maximum flavor. Serve with grilled tomatoes and a bright green salad.
- 2 Denver steaks
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced leaves and stem
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inches thick slices
- 1 cup spring mix or microgreens
- Prep time
- 2 hours
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Combine orange zest, orange juice, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and thyme in a medium bowl or large freezer bag. Reserve 3 tbsp of the orange marinade for the salad.
- Add Denver steaks to orange marinade and allow steaks to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge (preferably overnight).
- Remove steaks from the fridge 30-45 minutes before grilling. Remove steaks from marinade and discard remaining mixture. Season the steaks and tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to 400°F. Grill tomatoes until each side has charred grill marks, about 5-6 minutes. For the steaks, grill each side at least 4 minutes for medium-rare or until the internal temperature measures 130°F. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
- Toss salad mix with reserved marinade. Add grilled tomato slices and enjoy alongside the zangy grilled Denver steak.