How to BBQ Pork Butt/Shoulder Roast
Our heritage pork butt and shoulder roasts are highly marbled and well suited for a long low and slow smoke. Make the best pulled pork you have ever had.
- Pork Butt or Shoulder Roast
- Dry rub of choice
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 8 hours
- Trim excess fat from pork and add a dry rub of choice.
- Smoke at 225-250°F.
- When meat hits 160°F, wrap in butcher paper or foil. If desired, wrap in a tray with flavored liquid such as beef stock or BBQ sauce.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 200°F. Time varies, but aim for 1.5 hours per pound of pork.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!