How to Cook a Filet Mignon
- Tenderloin steak (Filet Mignon)
- Salt & pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- Removed thawed steak from packaging and place onto a cutting board.
- Drizzle steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add garlic or herbs of your choice to the pan and cook until fragrant (15 seconds).
- Place steak into hot pan and sear about 2-3 minutes per sides — don't forget the edges!
- Add butter + herbs, base with juices.
- Continue flipping your steak every 1-2 minutes until internal temp reaches 135°F.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!