How to Cook a Whole Chicken
This recipe for whole chicken is perfect for lunch or dinner. The chicken can be cooked in the oven or on the smoker, and is delicious either way. Leftovers from the whole chicken can be used for sandwiches, tacos, quesadillas, chicken soup, and more.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375℉
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels — inside and out! The drier the better.
- Lightly oil the entire chicken.
- Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan and place in the upper third of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165℉ and juices run clear.
- Remove the bird from the sheet pan, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Carve your bird, or leave it whole for a beautiful centerpiece.