How to Cook a Whole Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375℉
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels — inside and out! The drier the better.
- Lightly oil the entire chicken.
- Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan and place in the upper third of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165℉ and juices run clear.
- Remove the bird from the sheet pan, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Carve your bird, or leave it whole for a beautiful centerpiece.