How to Cook Tri Tip Steak
- Tri-Tip steak
- Salt and pepper
- Prep time
- 5 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Remove thawed steak from packaging and place it onto a cutting board.
- Rub steak with oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan set over medium-high heat.
- Sear steak for about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer steak to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack, about 10 to 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F
- Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.