How To Grill Scallops
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, scallops are perfect as a light and healthy appetizer, main dish or side dish for any meal. This recipe is simple, delicious and ready to eat in 10 minutes!
- Wild Atlantic Sea Scallops
- melted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- *optional bacon or thinly-sliced pancetta
- Prep time
- 4 minutes
- Cook time
- 6 minutes
- To start, heat grill or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- Then brush scallops with melted butter or extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper or your favorite rub. For added flavor, wrap scallops in bacon or pancetta.
- Place the scallops seasoned side down on your grill or skillet, avoiding crowding the surface. Cook 2-3 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown. Season top sides, flip and repeat. Cook until the meat is opaque or at an internal temperature of 145 degrees.