Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs
Enjoy these irresistible bacon-wrapped meatballs as an appetizer or on a slider — you won't be able to have just one!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ C panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese (or shredded cheese of your choice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb bacon, sliced in half
- Seasoning of your choice
- In a large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper with hands.
- Form the meat mixture into 1.5 inch balls.
- Wrap each ball with a half piece of bacon, turn 45 degrees, and wrap second half of bacon around meatball so meat is mostly covered. Secure with a toothpick or grill pins. For extra flavor, season outside of meatballs with seasoning of your choice.
- When ready to cook, preheat your smoker to 300 degrees F.
- Place the meatballs directly on the grill grates and smoke for 45 minutes or until the meatballs reach 160°F degrees F. For crispier bacon, increase temp to 350-400 for last 5 minutes. (Alternatively, bake meatballs on prepared baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350°F)
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Related cuts: Ground Beef