How to Sous Vide A5 Top Round Steak
Top Round steak benefits from slow-cooking to help tenderize it, making sous-viding a perfect method of this cut.
- A5 Wagyu Top Round Steak
- Season steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Place steaks in individual vacuum-sealed bags.
- Sous vide at 130°F for about an hour and a half to two hours, or longer for added tenderness.
- Remove steaks from the vacuum-sealed bags and pat dry. Apply more salt and pepper if you wiped off the previous seasonings.
- Let the sous vide steaks rest while pre-heating a heavy-bottomed pan to medium-high to high heat. Open windows and vents to help with smoke.
- After about 10 minutes, sear each side of steak until browned. Use tongs to sear the edges as well. There’s no need to add fat here — the fat from the Wagyu will be plenty.
- Taste for salt, and sprinkle with additional seasonings if needed before serving.