Sous Vide Rump Roast
Season this lean cut with a spicy cajun rub, then simply sous vide and sear! Thinly slice and serve on a buttered baguette for the ultimate roast beef sandwich.
- Rump Roast
- Black Magic Rub
- Season rump roast liberally with Black Magic Rub (or just salt and pepper).
- Place roast in vacuum-sealed bag.
- Sous vide at 135°F for about 4 hours, or longer for added tenderness.
- Remove roast from bag and pat dry. Apply additional seasoning. Save juice from bag for au jus.
- Add oil to heavy bottom pan and pre-heat it for 5-10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- After the pan is pre-heated, sear each side of the roast (edges, too!) until nicely browned.
- Remove roast from pan and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice thin and season with finishing salt. Serve with au jus, if desired.