- Start with a 5-6 pound brisket. Trim the fat to ¼”, cover with salt and pepper (to taste), and wet the entire brisket with liquid smoke.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, cayenne, cumin, oregano, mustard powder, and paprika. Smear over the brisket.
- To create the marinade, cover the brisket with onion and garlic and then wrap tightly in heavy foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place the tightly wrapped brisket in a roasting pan. Roast for five hours or about one hour per pound (if heavier brisket). Remove from the oven.
- Remove brisket from foil. Discard onion and garlic and drain off stock. Let cool until easily shredded. Shred brisket into roasting pan and cover with barbecue sauce (to your liking). Simmer brisket and sauce for about an hour, adding more barbecue sauce if you like.
- Serve warm on slider buns with extra sauce on the side.
Goes perfect with Becky’s Famous NW Apple Coleslaw
Learn more about Harlow Cattle Co. Here
Read about Harlow Cattle Company being the Partner of the Year Here