3 Ingredient Heritage Pulled Pork
A southern favorite, low-and-slow pulled pork is crazy easy to make, especially when you start with our pasture-raised Heritage Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt. So flavorful and tender, you can keep the recipe uber simple and still guarantee outstanding results.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 6 - 8.5 hours
If you like Bone-in Pork Shoulder Roast, you'll love the convenience and savings of our Farmers Market Subscription!
- 1 (3 - 4 lb) Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
- 1 (12 oz) can craft root beer
- 1 (16 oz) bottle barbecue sauce
- Place roast in a slow cooker (fat side up) and pour root beer over it. Cook on low for approximately 6-8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and place on a cookie sheet in an oven preheated to 400 until it browns and creates an exterior “bark” or crust on the outside.
- Remove from oven, shred with two forks, right onto the cookie sheet.
- Dress with barbecue sauce, as much as you like, and serve more on the side.
- Serve with your favorite rolls and slaw.
Shop related cuts
Bone-In Pork Butt Roast
from Marble Creek (Sylacauga, AL)
Farmers Market Subscription
from Pasturebird (Murrieta, CA)