Sweet and Smoky Chili
This traditional, tomato-based chili has a sweet and smoky flavor, with a kick of spice at the end. Make your meat go further with this crowd-pleasing recipe, using any type of ground meat.
Ground Beef Chili in a bread bowl by Crowd Cow Ambassador Aaron L. @lolaslickinbbq
- 1-2 lbs Ground Beef (or Turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 45 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz Bush’s Baked Beans
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.
- Brown ground beef with onion, pepper, and garlic in a large pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for a least 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Related cuts: Ground Beef