This breakfast burger recipe features a little sweetness from caramelized onions and a maple syrup drizzle, which brings out the rich, buttery flavors of the ground beef.
Photo by @cheezy_e
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Form about 4 patties from ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in a nonstick skillet and set aside. Leave bacon fat in skillet.
- Using the same skillet, saute onions and cook down until caramelized and tender over medium-low heat. Set aside.
- Add a little olive oil to the skillet, and cook burgers over medium-high heat, flipping every 3 to 5 minutes until the desired doneness.
- Place burger between two waffles, and top with caramelized onions, bacon, cheese, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Shop related cuts