A fun twist on the classic hamburger, sliders make a perfect appetizer. Serve 2-3 at a time for a full entree.
Servings : 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 pretzel buns, or other smaller bun
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 6 cross-sections
- 12 arugula leaves
- 6 oz block sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Ketchup, for serving
- Add oil to a heavy-bottomed pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, separate the beef into 6 equal portions and shape into 1/2 inch high patties.
- Sprinkle patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the patties to the pan and let cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the patties and let cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the 1-2 cheese slices to the top of each patty and let melt for one minute.
- Slice the buns in half and toast until lightly golden.
- Take each bun bottom and top with burger patty, 2 tomato slices and 2 arugula leaves. Place the bun top on each patty.
- Serve on a platter with ketchup on the side.